Live updates

05 December, 2007

A little bit more about the conference

I just need to share a bit more about the conference ...



Here I am with some of the notable bloggers in the South Sound, it is a privledge to be sitting next to them. From left to right, Derek Young, whom I interviewed here, then there is Patrick, who came down from West Seattle to speak of their blog. He was very clear that he does not blog, but is the face of the blog. Next is the ever popular tacomamama. And finally Elle.

Oh, and yours truly.

The next panel was How Parent Bloggers are Transforming Community. Moderated by Alicia Lawver, this panel discussed how parents are building virtual communities through their blogs. This was a great one to listen to, it was especially nice to see Elle and spend some time with her. Another perspective came from Beast Mom, who blogs at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, I don't have reason to travel north, but should the opportunity present itself, I certainly wouldn't mind meeting the crew behind the City Arts magazine.



After the parent panel, there was a presentation by Kevin Freitas, but I needed to leave for a moment to find the gnome's water closet. Dear goodness, there is some work to be done on the facilities. When I built my home, I figured that much time would be spent in the WC, so I built an ornate toilet so I could appreciate my time that I spend in there. I'll attempt to get a photo from Hanne to share one of these days.



The last section I was on civic blogging. I've mentioned Patrick already, then there is Justin Carder from the Capitol Hill Blog. As well as Derek Young.

It was a great opportunity to put faces to blogs, and discuss where things are going in, what one person called "the blogosphere", which is funny because it implies an actual location.

Oh, and today I received a comment from a distant cousin in Ireland. I'll be sure to respond here in the next day or so. If you'd like to be one of the tags, post a comment. Any comment you'd like (remember my family reads this, too, and I have two young children (both 50 years old)). I'll choose the 8 best commentators and put them in the tag for the post.

Until Next Time,
TacomaGnome

2 comments:

Droid116 said...

Thanks for such complete conference coverage, Gadsby.

You are likely not aware of this, but the woman who is to the right of your hat in the first picture (and the second as well) of your original SST post is my wife. She did a great job with the registration that day. I told her to take a look at your blog and she responded, "Why, is your picture there?". Ha!

Tacoma Gnome said...

Mr. fry,

Thank you!
Julie was very helpful and friendly, I enjoyed talking with her as I signed in.