Live updates

03 December, 2007

South Sound Technology Conference

I was excited when the professor called me a few weeks back to invite me to attend the South Sound Technology Conference.

Being one of very few blogging gnomes on the internet, I felt it would be great to meet other bloggers from the area. Especially because I stick in Tacoma for my travels.

Then, I heard that elle was going to be a panelist, and that sealed the deal.

Registration began at 8:30. Seeing as I'm still many miles south of the latitude line of my residence in Norway, that hour was bright and chipper for me, I've been thankful for the extra light this winter season.



Wherever I go, people seem to smile, it helps that they rarely see a gnome in Tacoma. Though during your holiday season right now, I keep on getting inquiries about working for a Santa Claus. My cousins in Norway would laugh, as much of the work done by "Santa" is done by them.



I registered, and the nice ladies put my name tag on my hat for me. I made an exception to the hat rule so that people would have an easier time seeing who I am.

I knew there would be some important people there, but I did not expect to be noticed, nor have the opportunity to take a picture with them.

Hanne, this is a picture of me and Congressman Adam Smith. He's in the House of Representatives, a part of the US legislative branch. I was pleased to meet and talk with him. He's not only a friendly guy with a great sense of humor, but he really has a great understanding on the issues of his district and the country.



Until Next Time,
TacomaGnome

PS Thank you for your wonderful support!

No comments: