Live updates

20 December, 2007

Last minute shopping

While wandering through the Proctor District on Wednesday, I noticed that the Pacific Northwest Shop had just opened its doors for the day. So I stepped inside to see if I could find a wee gift for Hanne.

Little did I know they will be celebrating 30 years of business next year!



Just wow. I have never seen such a wide variety of local products. Each item is either made or produced here in the Northwest, and that includes a small of our neighbors to the North, British Columbia.



Mugs emblazoned with images from the Birdge of Glass, and beautiful glass bowls and other knick knacks. All made in this region.



Of course, there is a bountiful feast of sweet treats, smoked salmon and other assorted NW products.



It took me nearly an hour to choose what I should purchase for my friends and family. But to start with, I settled upon a coffee mug, small bag of Brown & Haley's Almond Roca and a calendar.

I got the calendar for Hanne, I hope she enjoys it. I remember one time we were invited to a friends house to go over some plans. We wrote each other a note, and made sure that things were settled nicely. Somehow, though, we ended up attending two weeks late! It was certainly embarrassing, and we scheduled again for a future time.

I hope this might help prevent the problem in the future. Though, I have to admit, it is now quite funny.

If you have shopping to do, I highly recommend this cornerstone of the Proctor District.

Their address is: 2702 N Proctor Street

Oh, and of note, be sure to pick up this month's South Sound Magazine! Page 18 has a little blurb on this Norwegian visitor. Thank you Ms Lisa!

Finally, there are still T-shirts available.

Until Next Time,
TacomaGnome

No comments: