Live updates

27 November, 2007

Where I should have started

Traveling along Pacific Avenue over the weekend, I found a storefront at the Marriott Hotel that said 'information'.

This seems to be THE place for people to understand about all things Tacoma.



The office is just over 100 square feet, but it is packed, I mean PACKED with information about Tacoma, Pierce County, and the neighbors to the North.



I had a great conversation with the gentleman there. He's been in town for decades ... even remembers the Skookum Indian outside of C.H. Manley's Cigar shop on Pacific Avenue.

My tale of being in Tacoma for awhile intrigued him, and he called his boss at the visitor bureau to inquire if there was any sort of help they needed.

Carly Stedman was delighted to hear I was around (she's been following my adventures) and offered me a short internship to help her out.

I gladly accepted, and headed the five blocks towards downtown to lend a hand.

Until Next Time,
TacomaGnome

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Is that a chick's reflection in the window?

Tacoma Gnome said...

Ms Stump,

Yes. That does appear to be a lady being reflected in the window.

It looks like her left eye is covered with some back rectangular object, too.

I wonder if my photographer was caught in the photo or not.

Thank you for stopping by, I certainly enjoy all of the columns that your write for the Weekly Volcano, please say hello to Bobble Tiki for me.

-TG

Anonymous said...

I love you Tacoma Gnome. I love you a lot.

Tacoma Gnome said...

Ms Stump,

I'm glad you enjoy my column.

Upon re-reading the comment, please understand that I am happily married to Hanne Glasrud. She is currently in Norway, though it would be nice to find a way to ship her here.

I would suggest a plane, but that can be pricey. I'm looking into DHL or UPS.