Live updates

05 November, 2007

Interview and Internship

I am so excited to tell my friends and family that I landed some 'city work'!

Rather than fix the old burrow or plant crops, I am working this week at Premier Media Group.

They have a diverse selection of publications that feature the South Sound. Plus the do marketing for various niches of businesses. They even do work for my favorite day spa.

Upon my arrival, Josh Dunn, the President of pmg, took me into the office. I had the opportunity to look out his window.



He was certain to let me know that they are an open office, and already had a garden gnome working there. Hume, whom I met later at a staff meeting, is a North American Gnome. His branch of our species trekked across Siberia and followed you humans to the Northwest portion of what you call North America. Considerably smaller than us Norwegian Gnomes, North American Gnomes are agile, fast, and just a kick in the pants at celebrations!

I kid him and call him a Gnome's Gnome ... due to his size.

Josh made it clear to me that I was to stick to answering the phone and making photocopies.

I turned around from the view and accepted my first 'city job'.



And, insofar as I know, I am the first Norwegian Gnome to work in an office on St. Helens Avenue in Tacoma.

My first task today was to join a staff meeting.



I can't tell who is who from this photo, it was my first day, after all. But as you can see, each of their diverse publications even bring a smile to their faces. We have a Gnome saying, and Hume even knows this one ... "A good product must have come from a joyful workplace."

Tomorrow will be a most exciting day!

Until Next Time,
Tacoma Gnome

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the job!

Tacoma Gnome said...

intacoma,

Thank you!

It's quite the experience.