Live updates

28 November, 2007

Day one: Travel and Convention Bureau

I found their administrative office on the 5th floor of 1119 Pacific Avenue.

The building's lobby was old styled and had pictures of it being constructed.

My first task, as the new intern for the Tacoma Regional Convention and Visitor's Bureau, as to help choose posters for the office I encountered yesterday. There are so many activities going on this winter, I knew very little of them. But, Anne Marie was helpful in choosing the correct one to promote down there.





I then was asked to stand by was Carly took a call. Wouldn't you know, it was from Norway, so I got busy putting together a packet of Tacoma information for my countryman (or woman) who called.





It was tough choosing, so I selected a few brochures (the Museum of Glass, Point Defiance Zoo and aquarium), a card from the office and the most recent visitor and convention bureau magazine.

The office was very friendly. Unlike Premier, there was no office gnome, but I enjoyed chatting about Tacoma and hearing about their office.

Until Next Time,
TacomaGnome

6 comments:

Erik said...

Gnome,

Did you know I used to work at the CVB? I hope you had a good time there. It's a swell place, and what a better way to talk about how cool Tacoma is for your job?

Tacoma Gnome said...

mr. erik,

wow! I was unaware of your past work for CVB.

They are a happy bunch up here. And they do know the area.

My grandfather always said it is best to do what you love. Of course, gnomes do prefer carpentry and farming.

-TG

carly stedman said...

TG, my cube used to be Erik's cube! And that's hard footsteps to follow in. :)

Thanks so much for joining us. Perhaps when we get proper funding I can pay you for all of your hard work.

Have a wonderful eve.

Jamie Chase said...

Carly dances a mean jig at Doyles on occasion! Good place for a gnome to get down and drink a beer.

Jen said...

I had a long dream about the Tacoma Gnome last night.

I think that's a bad sign.

Tacoma Gnome said...

jen,

It may mean good trips are in your future. Especially in Tacoma.

I have yet to have an adventure that is poor in this city.

Though I have been called a 'twerp' and 'stupid', which does offend me. I just seek to understand.

Until Next Time,
TG