Live updates

06 November, 2007

City Work Day 1

Today I begin my internship with Premier Media Group.

Upon entering the office this morning, Lisa Patterson directed me to the front desk. My task was very simple ... Answer the phone and direct visitors to where they need to go.

It is common hospitality. As a Gnome, I'm designed to be courteous, kind, cheerful and obedient.

So it was a piece of kransekake. And like (one of) my favorite holiday dishes it was enjoyable ... well, most of it.



I had a slight problem seeing people coming through the door. Oh, I could hear them down the hall, down the stairs opening the door. But to see them, it was horrible! I asked Lisa if there was another task I could perform.

She graciously obliged and suggested that I create "photo copies".

I grabbed my camera to follow her. She laughed. "No, we use a photo copier for that."

I was quite confused because she wasn't carrying any photos with her.



We arrived at the photo copier apparatus. I figured, by the way it works that only pixies could generate so many photo-copies in such a small space. It certainly wasn't an elf or anything, as they would be quite cramped. Plus, pixies are much more prone to understand the art of copying and the work of words.

I felt really sad for them when Lisa said to photo-copy 100 pages.

But they worked really hard and succeeded in only a few minutes!

Once that was done, Lisa sent me to help organize a desk and assigned me some other work.



I utilized the zebra files. These were helpful in getting things to their proper place. I noticed the gentleman who sits next to my desk secured his education from a place known as Pacific Lutheran University. I took a break from filing to check out the university online. Wow. It seems to be a place where I could learn a bit about Norway. I'll have to visit there, too.

Oh, my, where was I ... Yes. Sorting. After sorting and arranging the desk, I was asked to learn a bit about pmg and what is called 'layout' of a magazine.

I did my research. Then, before I knew ... it was time to go!

It is fun to be interning here!

Until Next Time,
TacomaGnome

7 comments:

Erik said...

Hey gnome, are you a naturalized citizen? Will he be voting today?

Tacoma Gnome said...

Mr. erik,

I have not been here long enough to become a citizen.

Though I do encourage all who grace this blog to go and vote today.

It is important for communities to get together and make decisions.

The Napster said...

Hey, Mr. Gnome, have you ever considered a brief vacationto Norway? Or perhaps an exchange? You seem to always want more ways to learn about it. Perhaps another Gnome could come here and stay with your handler while you go visit Norway. What do you think?

Tacoma Gnome said...

Mr. the napster,

I'm actually here on vacation now, and pondering sending for Hanne so we can visit over the holidays, but the cost for a gnome to visit is nearly $500 of your dollars (1/3 of the human cost).

Best of luck on your scavenger hunt. Technically, this might not be a bulletin board ...

allycat21 said...

Dear Mr. Gnome,

I think you have been on some grand adventures and have seen many great plces and I am just wondering when you are going to post a blog about your greatest adventure of them all... like when you visited that one UW-tacoma class for example? Just wondeing ;)

Tacoma Gnome said...

allycat21,

Look at the post from 29/10/2007.

allycat21 said...

oops...my bad... didnt look back far enough... silly me hehe