Live updates

22 October, 2007

UrbanXchange

I've hear rumors about a nice little shop along Pacific Avenue that attracts all sorts of people: Tacomans and famous out of towners.

So I hopped aboard the LINK light rail at the Tacoma Dome Station to get off at the University of Washington, Tacoma and Union station. The LINK website says that best of all it is free, but the time saved not having to look for parking with my handler was worth the effort!



Julie, owner of UrbanXchange, greeted me with a welcoming smile and showed me around her shop. Most of the merchandise was too large for me and the misses. However, it is a wonderful selection of clothing, shoes and handbags.



I did, however, convince Julie to sell me the largest drinking vessel I have ever seen. It certainly will come in handy during next year's harvest fest. Nothing like a good meade after working.



Julie was kind enough to take a photo of me outside her 1934 Pacific Avenue shop. As you can see, it is a busy place.



I found this album cover to be fitting for our adventures. And to answer Mr. Rex's question: I don't know where we'll go next. But after these six weeks of Tacoma, we'll be sure it will be another treasure in the fine city.

Until Next Time,
TacomaGnome

PS UrbanXchange has a space that is theirs online. I'm not too familiar with these "MySpaces", though it seems to be common, but you can find her here, too.

No comments: