Live updates

03 October, 2007

Funny story

In my quest for interesting photos, I thought it would be a great idea to take a shot of me infront of the Russell Investment Group building. More history can be found here.

I had a photo of it in the background of the fountain picture here. And, yes, to those of you who requested it, I will try to imagine a more creative positioning when the time comes for another fountain shot.



The waterfall offers a zen-like state along this street that buzzes with investment managers, salespeople and support staff.

I've heard rumors of the firm, and am surprised that such a powerful company would have a humble home here in Tacoma.

I had barely gotten my footing on the ledge next to this building, and the photo was snapped from across the street when a nice young man approached me. As he came down the stairs he asked me if I worked for a travel company. I had to explain that I did not, and was just sightseeing.

He informed my photographer that photos couldn't be taken of the building. Which was rather peculiar, as the building can be seen from all around the town.

I wonder if they've talked with any fairies about an invisibility spell for photographs. After all, that's what I use at home to hide from not Julius the cat.

Until next time,
TacomaGnome

4 comments:

Erik said...

Hey Gnome,

You'd have a hard time getting creative with that fountain. But it might have been handy to find a Russell Exec to hold you up so you'd be in the sunlight. You're kinda hard to see down there.

Tacoma Gnome said...

Good idea Mr. erik, I'll check into seeing if Mr. Ueland might be available to hang me higher near the fountain.

Joel413 said...

OMG- URA TERRORIST!!! NATIONAL SECURITY IS AT STAKE!!!

Unknown said...

I could totally see it now... Sir, please step away from the building. We don't trust gnomes, especially ones with pointy hats and norwegian accents.