Live updates

02 May, 2008

Frost Park Challenge



I had the joy of being at Frost Park in Tacoma today around the noon hour. Apparently a large group of people who like Tacoma show up each week ... rain, snow or sunshine, to appreciate and use the park.



Named for Larry Frost, a Tacoma police officer who was killed in the line of duty, this park is a wonderful respite from the busy streets of downtown. Mr. RR Anderson (whom I admire from my visit with him a couple of months ago) posted this helpful link to the city of Tacoma site to learn more about Mr. Frost.



So I stood, waiting, as Gnomes are prone to do, for the festivities to begin.




As the contest got started, I worked my way over to the contest site, and was immediately in the camera spotlight. On my right, Adamthealien. Back and to my left, Mr. Chris Tumbusch.



I was quite surprised at all the attention, when www.feedtacoma.com's own Tacoma Urbanist, Erik Bjornson, snapped a few photos of me as well.




I chose to do what I do best ... guard non-moving objects. So, I took a position behind the chalk, to see that all artists had a fair shake at getting something on the sidewalk. Of course, it couldn't last long.



This young lass was picking up random bloggers off the street and running off with them. I hope that she doesn't catch up with Bobble Tiki, or at least Bobble keeps a keen eye out for her. Before you know it, you're half way down the street, near a corner, or just about ready to be put into her vehicle.

Aside from a near gnome-gnapping, this was an excellent event, and I encourage anyone who would like to vote on their favorite to go and post a comment here.

It is a wonderful community building event ... I look forward to more in the very near future.

Until Next Time,
TacomaGnome

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Welcome back Mr. Tacoma Gnome! Glad to see you out at Frost Park today ... and glad you escaped from A's grasp! :)

Nichole said...

Cute staff, seems like he is treated as human or something that it special. Making yourself special, by getting liposuction Indiana from peerscosmetic is a great idea.

Alice said...

It's really cool when you are doing something weird and people are interacting with it. The same with if you are locked out in Bournemouth, Bournemouth Locksmith will interact with you in an hour time.