Live updates

24 September, 2007

Thea's Park

What a glorious Sunday!

Today I was permitted to go back out with my photographer.

I really wanted to check out a few spots along the waterfront, and was drawn to the Thea Foss waterway.



A rather impressive stone. The etching says this park is about 11 years old.

I felt a bit at home knowing the park's namesake was an immigrant from Norway. Thea Foss's company still exists today as Foss Maritime company.



My sister would appreciate this picture. She's really into Greek mythology, but Atlas has nothing on me in this photo.

Until next time,
TacomaGnome

PS I'd be happy to take requests. I am also lining up some interviews in the coming days. It should be fun.

6 comments:

Trusty Husband said...

Looks like a lovely day along Tacoma waterfront. Glad you got out to enjoy our wonderful city some more

Anonymous said...

One Heart Cafe on 6th and Fawcett needs some gnome love.

Unknown said...

Hello, Gnome, have you checked out some of Tacoma's Chihuly glass? Dale Chihuly is a world-renowned artist, but he's a one-eyed Tacoma native.

Tacoma Gnome said...

great suggestions!

kate, I was able to get outside the museum, and will find a way in, or across the bridge of glass in the near future.

Jenny said...

Would you like some medical attention? Do you need a checkup? I know some people, we can take care of that...

Tacoma Gnome said...

jenny,
Thank you for the offer.
I was able to take care of my back with a few herbs and spices. Eleven to be exact.