Live updates

14 September, 2007

The Dinner Locomotive

After satisfying my sweet tooth, I ventured down the block and saw a large locomotive with the words "Spirit of Washington" on the side.

According to a bystander, this train leaves from Freighthouse Square and heads to Mt. Rainer and Lake Kapowsin.

They offer service of food and drink ... centered around my favorite meal: Dinner.

I guess it is called the Spirit of Washington Dinner Train.



The mechanics behind such a vehicle always astound me. I had an uncle who was accidentally thrown on a train from St. Petersburg to Yarolslov while investigating the mechanics of a locomotive.

His only provisions were water and a few vegetables.

He THOUGHT he was drinking regular water, but it was rather strong. It turns out the heat from the train, and a few other factors made his potatoes ferment. A nice human named Sminrov appreciated this delectable treat, and took the recipe to Moscow. My family still makes it to this day in Norway, with a few modifications.

I digress.



It looks as if the spirits on this locomotive would be as wonderful as those on the trip my uncle took.

Oh, I'm still looking for a book store recommendation, I'm trying to get a copy of the book with my cousin on the cover. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Until next time,
TacomaGnome

3 comments:

Trusty Husband said...

Gnome,
What about King's books? Have you given a look there?

Anonymous said...

There is a book shop just around the corner from there, catty-wampus from Frighthouse Square (I think). I don't know the name but have heard great things.

Elle said...

I second the Captain's suggestion of King's Books... seeing as you enjoyed your tour of Tacoma.