Live updates

11 April, 2008

I am back!

I am well rested, refreshed, and renewed.



This has been an experience, traveling via boat, then by road to return to Tacoma, the city that I love dearly.



The packaging was well suited for my, at times, petite stature.



Thankfully there was a kind shipper that tore this hole in the packaging so I could breathe on my way here.

It was good to see family and friends in Norway. Sadly, I was called away due to the death of my Grandmother, Lilly. She will be remembered as a strong soul, one who dealt with many challenges in the past, and was able to overcome.

She loved to host parties. I remembered when I was about 100, she introduced me to parsnips; their pugnant flavor intrigued my senses. Once, when she left for a few moments to do some shopping one day, I leaped on the opportunity to fry myself my first egg. It was a quail egg, and I used the smallest cast iron pan I could find.

I'll share more memories in the coming months.



It is fitting that I return on what is to be the most spring-like weekend of the year!

Oh glorious sun, I have missed ye!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back !

How do you get your humans to blog for you.

Mine is such a "slug". She's been neglecting my blog and me lately.

~DTES

Jen said...

Welcome Back! We have missed you, here in Tacoma.

I would like to take a vacation, but I am afraid I would not be able to arrange such an economical means of transport.

Unknown said...

Welcome back, TG!! You have been missed. Sorry about your grandmother. I am glad that you are back stateside.

Droid116 said...

Whoohoo!, welcome back. For a moment I thought you were the poor gnome stuck in the snow at the Mount St Helens observatory.